Monday, April 6, 2015

30 Before 30 Update - Run a 5K


Another one bites the dust! AKA another item on my 30 before 30 list has been completed! Over the weekend, I (mostly) ran a 5K! I finished the Easter Egg Scramble

Before I started training I couldn't remember the last time I ran a significant distance, (I'm more of a treadmill walker so I can read a book at the same time) so I was a bit super nervous about a 5K. I knew I needed some sort of plan for training because I had no idea of where to start. I was already using the app RunKeeper so I decided to sign up for the Beginner 5K plan. Every other day they gave me a different workout to complete.

I missed a few workouts and I didn't start the plan early enough to get the whole training plan completed before the race, but I definitely think it helped! 


Overall, I'm super happy with how I did! The elevation of the race was way harder than I had done in training, but I still ran my fastest pace ever! Plus it was fun and breakfast burritos were served at the finish line!


Read about my 30 before 30 list here or check out my progress here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!