Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pin Tested: Sweater Leg Warmers

A co-worker wore these last week and they looked store-bought so I was very surprised when she told me that she made them! She explained her procedure for me, but I could not do a craft project without checking on pinterest first.
Inspiration:
Pinned ImagePinned Image














Pinned Image 
(photos link to source)

Cost and Materials:
  • Sweater (I got mine from a resale shop for about $4 - many thrift/resale shops are having sales on winter clothes right now)
  • Fabric Scissors
Process:
  1. Lay sweater on floor
  2. Cut sleeves off of sweater (my legs are short so I didn't need to cut all the way to the shoulder)
  3. Wear them!
My method was just like Brie's (the second picture in the inspiration section)




End Result:  























Problems/Trouble-Shooting:
I'm expecting that the edges of mine will ravel a bit. I could fix these by using Sandra's method and adding a bit of fabric glue and folding over the cut edge. (She made a scarf too. And I bought two sweaters a second pair of legwarmers and a scarf may be in my crafting future...)

Pin Approved?:
Yes, I love my sweater leg warmers! I think they help add something new to my commonly worn boots!
I have a second sweater that I want to use for this project. I might make the scarf (from my 3rd inspiration picture) too.

Have you made a wearable craft based on instructions from Pinterest? How did it turn out?

Your Fellow Crafter,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!