Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pin Tested: Ranch Oyster Crackers


I made Ranch Oyster Crackers for the holidays and again for a trivia night I participated in last night.
This is a super easy recipe:
1.      Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2.      In large mixing bowl, combine:
o    1 package (1oz) ranch dressing/dip mix
o    1/2 c. canola or veggie oil (I had a canola/veggie oil mix so I used that)
o    1/2 t. garlic powder
o    1 t. dried dill weed (I didn’t have any so I didn’t add it)
o    salt to taste (my generic oyster crackers were pretty salty so I didn't add any)
3.      Stir in oyster crackers and mix to coat
4.      Pour crackers onto large cooking sheet
5.      Bake 15 min - stirring about every 5 min
6.      Cool and store in covered container
I had read in some comments on the Examinar website (the recipe I followed) about using pretzel nuggets. I tried this for the trivia night and it was a wonderful variation! The only real change I made to the recipe was that I cooked them for about 30 min and stirred them every 10-15 min.

I brought home an empty bowl and heard lots of praise so the pretzels must have been enjoyed!
(I forgot to take a before picture - When I make them again, I'll add a picture in this post)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!