I made Ranch Oyster Crackers for the holidays and again for a trivia night I participated in last night.
This is a super easy recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. In large mixing bowl, combine:
o 1 package (1oz) ranch dressing/dip mix
o 1/2 c. canola or veggie oil (I had a canola/veggie oil mix so I used that)
o 1/2 t. garlic powder
o 1 t. dried dill weed (I didn’t have any so I didn’t add it)
o salt to taste (my generic oyster crackers were pretty salty so I didn't add any)
3. Stir in oyster crackers and mix to coat
4. Pour crackers onto large cooking sheet
5. Bake 15 min - stirring about every 5 min
6. Cool and store in covered container
I had read in some comments on the Examinar website (the recipe I followed) about using pretzel nuggets. I tried this for the trivia night and it was a wonderful variation! The only real change I made to the recipe was that I cooked them for about 30 min and stirred them every 10-15 min.
I brought home an empty bowl and heard lots of praise so the pretzels must have been enjoyed!
(I forgot to take a before picture - When I make them again, I'll add a picture in this post)