Monday, January 14, 2013

Pin and Tell: Fabric-Covered Brick Book Ends

My Inspiration and Directions:
Pinned Image
http://pinterest.com/pin/131589620331903824/
Bad News: This pin does not link to directions
Good News: This project is so easy that it does not really need directions (basically, you just wrap two garden bricks like a gift with fabric)

Cost and Materials:
  • Bricks
  • Fabric
  • Glue (I believe I used a hot glue gun)
Cost is under $10.

End Result:
























Biggest Flaw: Maybe my cookbooks are too heavy, but sometimes they fall over when you take a book off the shelf.
Suggestion to Make Better: Make the seams on the longer side of the brick so they edge they sit on is more smooth, but you have to have super nice wrapping skills...

Rachel Approved?: Yes, despite the little flaw, I love my bookends. They are cute and practical. 


Pin on,
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!