Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pin Tested: Baked "Fried" Pickles


Recipe Link


Inspiration:

Recipe Link 
Ingredients: 
  • 1/3  jar pickle slices (10ish slices)
  • 1 egg
  • Splash of milk
  • Dash of hot sauce
  • Shake of garlic powder
  • Shake of pepper
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • Shake of bread crumbs
  • Ranch dressing + hot sauce for dipping

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Mix egg, milk, and hot sauce in bowl
3. Mix all bread crumbs and seasoning in another bowl
4. Dry pickle slices with paper towel
5. Dip pickle slices in egg mixture then breading mixture
6. Place breaded pickles on cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 min
7. Dip and Enjoy! 



Results:
Yum! I ate mine right away! It may have been because I was super hungry about not eating much for lunch, but I think it was more related to the taste. 

FYI these do not taste like the fried pickles you would get at a restaurant. They are much lighter and not greasy which I think makes them better, but they may be in need of a bit more seasoning because of the lack of grease. The panko bread crumbs give the pickles the perfect amount of crunch! 

Rachel Approved? Any improvements?: 
Yes! I will make them again for sure (for a larger group now that I know they are yummy), but I might add a bit more hot sauce or maybe a dash of ranch seasoning to give them a bit more flavor. 



(I guess I really wanted to make these because I pinned two similar recipes)

I decided to combine to recipes to make my test (aka single-serving) version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!