Sunday, May 5, 2013

Microwave Cleaner/De-Odorizer

Original Pin:

Directions:
From Budget Savy Diva's Blog
Mix 1 cup hot water (I made my water hot with the tap) and 1 cup vinegar in microwave safe bowl. Microwave mixture for 10 min. 
You could be productive during this time and get some other cleaning done, but I chose not to. 



My favorite way to clean: wine, ice cream, and Duck Dynasty! 


Pin Approved?: No. I'd say my microwave (originally smelling of bacon) went from a 9 (on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the worst) to an 8. So not a big change. The scent is now a mix of bacon and vinegar and my kitchen and dining area smell of vinegar which is less than ideal. (I'm very glad that I'm having nice weather so my kitchen window can be wide open!) 

Any positives?: Yes, after the process it was easy to wipe down my microwave. Mine was pretty clean to start with, but I'm guessing that this method may help with food splashes that have dried.

What now?: Luckily, Pinterest has a multitude of ways to clean-deodorize microwaves so I'll be trying another method later this week. 


Have you tried to clean your microwave using a natural solution? What worked? What did not work? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!