Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Microwave Cleaner/Deodorizer: Take Two!

Since, the vinegar method didn't do the trick, I thought I'd try something else...

Original Pin:

Directions:
From Maid Natural Cleaning
  1. put citrus peels (or slices of lemon) into a large mug or bowl
  2. cover the slices completely with water (lemons float so this is tricky)
  3. place mug inside of microwave and nuke for 3-5 mins
  4. let the mug cool down for 2 mins and remove from microwave
  5. simply wipe down interior of microwave with paper towel or cloth
I feel pretty exposed while showing you the inside of my microwave

Rachel Approved?: This method didn't have the vinegar scent side-effect of the first method I tried. However, there is still a bacon scent (now with a hint of lemon) to my microwave. On my best deodorizer scale, lemons took my 8 to a 6-5. 

What next?: Besides cooking bacon in the oven or frying pan, I'll be trying another microwave cleaning method. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking of a method that includes baking soda. 


Have you tried any natural cleaning methods? Did you have any luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!