Friday, December 28, 2012

Pin Tested: Skinny Taco Dip

In my most recent post, I mentioned attending a Pinterest Party where we each brought a dish to share based on a recipe we found on Pinterest. For the party (and my family Christmas Eve celebration), I made Skinny Taco Dip. I used Gina from Skinny Taste's recipe:

Skinny Taco Dip
  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa (I didn't add this because I forgot it at the store and I don't think I would add it when I make the dip again - it was wonderful without it and I don't love chunks of peppers)
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz black olives (I didn't add these because I don't like olives)
I added:
  • Green onions - thinly sliced
  • Approx 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (cooked and then cooled)
  • Guacamole (for the Pinterest party version - I added a layer on top of the sour cream/cream cheese mixture)
 In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish. Top with corn, (guac), shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and green onions. Serve with tortilla chips.

Rachel Approved?: Yes! This recipe was a huge hit with my co-workers at our Pinterest party as well as with my family on Christmas Eve. Everyone loved it and it was very easy to make. This recipe is great to bring to a party because of it's ease and crowd-pleasing nature. I've thought about adding beans to the recipe so I might do that (as long as I'm not making it for my family (which does not have many bean fans)
I will definitely be making this recipe again! I'd love to hear your thoughts about the recipe after you try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!