S'more on a Stick from Two Parts Sweet
- Bag of Large marshmallows
- 4-5 Graham Crackers (I used low fat to make this a "healthy" dessert)
- Chocolate Chips (I used a mix of semi-sweet (1/3 cup) and milk (1/2 cup) chocolate)
- Splash of milk (I used 1% since that is what i normally drink)
- (This picture shows the marshmallows in pop form - I decided to forgo the sticks and make them s'more bites)
I used Two Parts Sweet's directions as inspiration for mine.
- Melt approx 1/2 cup milk; 1/3 cup semi-sweet chips; and splash of milk in microwave (I microwaved in 5-10 sec intervals - I once had a terrible chocolate melting experience with my best friend in 5th grade - chocolate popcorn is amazing, but burning the chocolate will only prolong the time until you get to try it - it may also make your dad upset for ruining a 'microwave safe' container)
- Crush graham crackers (with an empty wine bottle preferably - see below)
- Dip the marshmallow in melted chocolate then graham crackers
- Allow for chocolate to harden
|Assembly line is ready to go!|
Pin Approved?: Yes! These are delicious! And easy/quick to prepare. I love that they are a twist on a common comfort food and have few ingredients. A bonus is that they use few dishes so clean up is easy.S'more bites would be great to bring as a dessert to a party, trivia night, birthday, or holiday.
I taste-tested these with six 3rd grade boys, my parents, and my college/middle school sisters: all declared them a winner!
Troubleshooting: I had to re-microwave my chocolate a few times. Maybe using a double boiler would make things easier if you make a larger batch.
Bonus Project: Pinterest has SO many ideas for empty wine bottles. Seriously, search it. They all seem a little ridiculous so I take mine back in for a deposit.
Unfortunately, I do not have a rolling pin. (I really have little need for one so why buy it?) This project required crushing graham crackers (I could have used my mini food processor, but I didn't want to get it out of the cupboard).
At this time, I created the empty wine bottle rolling pin. Try it. Very Effective.
Follow Me on Pinterest